We will be offering Therapeutic Riding classes 4 days a week during the 2018 season. Classes will continue to focus on therapeutic riding skills building on previous skills and working toward new goals for all riders. The fee for the 10 weeks of therapeutic riding classes is $400 for group lessons and $500 for private lessons. Equine -assisted Learning classes will be held 1 day a week. Details on the program will be available through the schools.
REINS Therapeutic Riding is able to subsidize the majority of this cost through the generosity of individual and corporate sponsors as well as foundation grants and proceeds from fundraising events. Our rider fees cover less than 25% of the actual cost. We will be holding an orientation session in June for each new participants for instructor evaluation and so they are familiar with the site.
- Pre-registration is currently open. Therapeutic Riding classes are still available on a first come first serve basis. Classes are limited. New Participant Pre-Registration Form -2018
- January 2018 class schedules set and registration packets available.
- May 1 registrations due.
- June 11 Therapeutic riding classes start.
- August 24 Therapeutic riding classes end.
Times for Classes:
- Detail class schedule to be available in January 2018
Upcoming Rider Dates:
- Completed Applications due May 1, 2018
- Scholarship Applications due May 1, 2018
- Scholarship Awards May 15, 2018
- Completed Medical Forms due May 15, 2018
An underlying mission of REINS Therapeutic Riding Program is to make its services affordable for all participants whose application for registration is accepted. REINS is able to fulfill this mission through donations and the administration of a scholarship program based strictly on need. Scholarship assistance is awarded based on financial need of the participant and/or their family. Questions can be directed to Juanita at 920 946-8599.
Individuals applying to participate in a REINS program may complete a Scholarship Application and submit it with their application for participation. Action is taken on the application only after the individual has been scheduled into a REINS session.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIP
All information provided on the Scholarship Application is kept in strict confidence. A Scholarship Committee reviews the applications and may find it necessary to request additional information, on a confidential basis.
Scholarships are awarded in the form of credit toward the tuition for scheduled services; the participant is notified of this award through a contact from a REINS staff member.
Scholarship Applications may also be found under the Contact Us tab.